Friday, April 25, 2008

Possibly THE Most Successful Shopping Day - EVER.

I love not having school, exams or work to deal with. This is such a treat for the little Ditz. Nice weather, nice sales, NICE LIFE! I've already decided it's soon enough for shorts. I rocked such a charming look today. At least I thought so! Striped shorts, a white longsleeve blouse, gladiators. I love my gladiators. ALOT (Kenneth Cole, $50, at Winners L'Acadie last summer). So, in order of appearance, today's shopping ventures:

  1. Boutique Sunnyside. Seriously, get your asses on over there. A charming little swimwear boutique on St-Denis, they carry the most flattering, beautiful and unique bathing suits this side of the country. The vast majority of their stock is well-known labels like Salinas, LSPACE, imports from Brazil and Europe. The sales rep was seriously the sweetest girl I have ever met, who was so willing to let my plaything and I try on as many suits as we wanted. I mean, okay, it IS her job, but she was really honest and pleasant, not pushy or a pain in the neck. I finally picked up a delicious mono-kini, of which I've been searching for the perfect one for at least 3 years now. I was blessed with a long torso that can't wear standard one-pieces. Mixed blessing. I strongly urge every single one of you pets to check this place out. I might go back for the Salinas Pouf bikini. Green with black polka dots and heart rings on the top and bottom. Too cute. Prices are beyond reasonable, and are similar to a Bikini Village. Visit http://www.boutiquesunnyside.com/ for their address and all that jazz.


  2. M0851 Sample Sale was an absolute delight. I mentioned it in my previous blog, and I urge you all to visit. Prices are slightly higher than the Rudsak sale, for those who went/know their prices, but the leather/suede is just to die for. It can't hurt that they played the most enticing shopping music. I didn't go overboard. Just one of their standard "tennis" bags in a delicious elephant grey suede. I know. Typical that I choose the elephant color.


  3. Our next stop was the BCBG outlet on de Louvain. I'm a large scale fan of BCBG in general, not to mention their St. Dorothee outlet. What Laval has in units (approximately 3 times as much stock), de Louvain makes up for in customer service. The instant we walked in, "what's your name?" was the first thing the sales rep asked. AND she continuously called us by first name. Excellent sales tactic. She has my sale! I fortunately/unfortunately didn't buy anything. I tried in vain to look cute in the black skinny zippered at the ankle dress pants that one of my playthings bought previously. They just weren't that cute on this little Ditz. I did fall in love with a cream with pink, brown and orange printed dress. Looked like a giant pucci knockoff, with a belt. I'll wait until it goes on sale a LITTLE bit cheaper. $234 for a trendy one-season dress is really not necessary right now. Not when I'd rather save my pennies for a DVF wrap!


  4. Last stop was a fan favorite, Winners. For those of you who don't know my secrets, Winners L'Acadie has the top designer section. I usually find a pile of JBrands, True Religions and Habituals there. I found ultimate JBrands, reduced to like $40. Too bad the sizes available were 24 and 29. Super. Screw you Winners. I really had my heart set on some fresh black JBrands. I suppose I'll just have to visit Winners Alexis Nihon. LIKE THAT'S A PUNISHMENT. L'Acadie had a FULL rack of assorted Juicy zippies and sweats. Terry and velour. Here's the deal with that: Winners has them priced at $69.99. While it's admittedly cheaper than full price, it's MORE expensive than the elusive Juicy sale. I'd wait for the sale. Don't waste your time with Juicy at Winners, when the sale has them for $60 (or is it $50? I don't remember). I did, however, find a rocking pair of Levi's black faded skinny jeans. I know. Levi's is so vintage and sketch, but at $29.99, I couldn't say no. They really fit like a gem. I also did well in shoes. I found these Betseyville heels for $69.99, listed right now on Zappos for $104. That's enough of a deal for me! Plus, I just adore everything and anything Betsey Johnson. Yes, they DO have a lucite heel. LIKE I CARE. I think they're mostly fabulous. In person, they are charming central.

Chic thing to try this week: tuck your shirt in. I love it. So classy! That, and buy a bodysuit, if your body type permits it. I love a bodysuit under jeans, pencil skirts. I am secretly a trashy secretary living in a 24 year old princess' body.

Also, are you signed up for Sweetspot's e-newsletter yet? GET ON IT.

Anyways kittens, I have to go create outfits around these new shoes. SUCH A TOUGH LIFE!
Stay stylish (and go shop. Right now)!
xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is the bcbg building open on weekdays? I just found out about this and was wondering if its always open to the public? Or only on special events like sample sales?

Jackie said...

the outlets are open ALL the time!!!! i think they sometimes have special extra sales events, but they're definitely open on weekdays and to the public.
(i recently bought a gorgeous cocktail dress there for under $100 that retailed for over $300)