Thursday, April 10, 2008

Even MORE Things I Love/Despise

One day, I'm going to get a pile of NASTY comments from my precious kittens, telling me that NOBODY CARES what I like and what I DON'T like. Until then, guess what's in store with today's post? ANOTHER LIST!

Right now, as I type, I've revived my SUMMER BOX. A giant Tupperware box, filled with "summer" clothes. The irony of this box is that I didn't once open it last summer. This box was fully made after summer 2006, because it's filled with corny camp t-shirts, that I was REQUIRED to buy, otherwise I'd be the ONLY LOSER WITHOUT ONE. How many times were any of these fancy items worn? MAYBE ONCE. No, that's a half lie. I wore my A&C items A LOT, but that's because I DESIGNED THEM. Okay, so other than camp crap, what else was found in here? TUBE TOPS (plural. I own apparently more than one) & SKEEZY MINISKIRTS. How I love summer box.

Now, for our list...

Love: Trying on cute tops that STILL look cute, 2-3 years later.
Despise: Potentially cute tops that COULD'VE been cute, but are mysteriously CROPPED.

Love: Giant beloved pink mohair/wool/blend cable-knit poncho.
Despise: Potential awkward comments from peanut galleries when I opt to wear it. YOU ALL SUCK. WHAT DO YOU KNOW? WHEN IS THE DITZ EVER WRONG?

Love: Trying on summer clothes after a great afternoon at Bronzage. EVERYTHING LOOKS NICE.
Despise: Smelling like Bronzage.

Love: Bumblebee tank top.
Despise: See poncho comment.

Love: No longer having to wear socks. Hello fancy flats!
Despise: Stinky feet, blisters, blech.

Love: Hot rollers. Still not over them. At all.
Despise: Next-day-post-roller hair. Revolting. Hairspray is revolting.

Love: Sudoku. Totally not over THAT. Well, I WAS over it, but I rekindled my flame. A Ditz has to work her brain SOMEHOW.
Despise: Being too tired to finish a puzzle, and waking up the next morning with ink on my face and my elephant, my clipboard digging into my back and a pen under my pillow. True story, happens every night, and possibly tonight too. Miss Ditz does NOT learn from her mistakes. EVER.

(P.S. Still wearing the poncho. I might be sweating, but I also might be too lazy to change back into something normal.)

Oh. I think I need to explain why SUMMER BOX resurfaced tonight. As you may or may not recall, I have a condominium of large purses/tote bags that prevents me from closing my closet doors (YES, MOM. I KNOW. THE DOORS WARP THAT WAY). I decided this afternoon to empty the summer box, and store the bags there. We'll see how that turns out. I might never end up using a single bag in there. It's pretty clear how often I wore those summer things. And no, I did NOT wear non-summer clothes last summer. I just bought new things. Obviously.

I'll give you pets a few more Love/Despises and then we'll call it a day. I have more things to try on!

Love: Amazing parking spots downtown.
Despise: Group of 3 men who watch me try to squeeze out of said spot after some PRICK boxed me in. Lexus in the front, Benz in the back? Did I touch either? NOPE. JUST THE SIDEWALK!

Love: Rudsak & Rudsak sample sales (Thursday-Friday-Saturday on St Laurent/Chabanel - ask me for better details).
Despise: Being poor and not able to benefit from the sample sale. DAMN YOU LIFE.

Love: High fives & my "Songs You Hate Yet Know You LOVE" mix CD.
Despise: NOT KNOWING ALL THE WORDS TO MEATLOAF.

Okay precious kittens, stay tuned still for a list of things I'm giving away. The pile is GROWING!

Stay stylish!
xoxo

No comments: