Saturday, April 5, 2008

Mastering a Holt's Visit: Ditz Style

After today's visit to my heaven haven, I've decided to start compiling my Spring/Summer 2008 NEED list. Notice how I say NEED and not want or wish? That's right. I NEED things. Upcoming list will likely be a separate post. It's going to be long. With pictures.

Let me run off on a tangent quickly. I have items to be added to the THINGS I LIKE list. I don't like going back on posts and adding items, lest people have already read it. I like: Activia vanilla yogurt. A LOT. With granola mixed in. DELICIOUS CENTRAL.

Back on track.

Visiting Holt's is an activity I would ideally like to do daily. I also would love a pet pony, a Marc Jacobs Stam bag, a lifetime supply of French Fries and a personal masseuse. Apparently I can't get everything I want in life. Yet. Today's visit was fortunately/unfortunately brief. Technically. I managed to accomplish plenty in the hour or so that it took for the Kiddo to decide she didn't want much at Tiffany's. Shocker, right? Are she and I really related? The good thing about this visit was that I got to try on assorted pieces at Tiffany's. The bad thing was that I came out empty handed, and wasn't able to really walk around the store, because I was albatrossed by the Matriarch, the Bubbs and the Kiddo. Kiddo particularly. She likes to touch things that are expensive and not meant to be touched. Then again, I do the same thing. DETAILS! I was, however, permitted to have little escapades into the costume jewelry area, the handbags/sunglasses and a quick zip up to contemporary clothing & shoes. I actually pissed off the perfume sample cows who were lurking around the Tiffany's counters. NO, I DON'T WANT YOU TO SPRAY ME WITH THOSE PERFUMES. NO, I DON'T WANT A SAMPLE. NO, I'M NOT BUYING ANYTHING TODAY. The cows made some snarky remarks when I zipped by them without making eye contact and refusing samples. I SWEAR I was polite. "Non, merci. Je m'excuse." THAT'S POLITE. I didn't bark at them, I was quiet and polite. There were THREE of them standing together. THREE. THAT'S BORDERLINE ABUSE.

Dear Holt Renfrew,
KEEP THOSE PERFUME HAWKERS AWAY FROM ME.
Love, your biggest fan, Miss Ditz.
P.S. Are you hiring? I love discounts.

Get ready for my 2008 Spring NEED List!

Stay stylish kittens!
xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just have to say one thing in regards to your new favorite that you put in this week's posting... activia yogurt and granola (the quaker harvest crunch of course) - BEST DAMN MEAL EVER!!! i have it for lunch every day!
- Talia Rosberger, Vice-President, Jackie Biber Fan Club