Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"Just because you post 3 entries in one day, doesn't mean you get to take a break"

And that is a direct quote from a friendly kitten reader!

I know I've been neglectful. I know it's TUESDAY, and I haven't posted since THURSDAY. THAT'S A LOT OF DAYS TO BE CHECKIN' WITHOUT UPDATES. I KNOW. It's like those days when Perez doesn't have a new post for HOURS. Those are usually the worst hours of my day. I sometimes take a nap. I'd rather be sleeping than have no new information.

I have much to discuss, precious pets. A TON OF STUFF. This might even become a multiple post evening. I hope you all cut me some slack. Bear in mind that this past weekend was the weekend to end all weekends, and that I have 2 final exams next week, AND IT'S PESACH THIS COMING WEEKEND. Too much going on. I love/hate springtime. Mostly love. I stopped wearing socks last week, big step for the Ditz. The instant it's MODERATELY warm enough, I nix the chaussettes (that, yes, my bubbs knit for me. It's a sad day when I've run out of bubby-socks. I hate those days). I might have worn flip flops once. SHHH. Mostly, I've been rocking fancy flats. I bought a GLORIOUS pair from Brown's last spring. I think that excursion was supposed to result in running shoes, but I ended up with a pair of delish round toe bronze fancy flats and a pair of lace-up ankle boots. Don't judge. If you saw my ankle boots, you'd be EXTRA jealous. They were really avant-garde last year. Now they're just, well, stylish.

Let me cover one importantish topic first: closet purge 2008 #1. I know I'd intended originally to post a list of everything I'd purged. I got lazy. Seriously. The pile was so large and out of control that I let my sister sift through it (she took a handful of items that I know she'd had her eye on), I let my mom take a few kitschy things for my 7 year old cousin (you read that right. 7 year old cousin gets - and FITS INTO - my hand-me-downs. Not because she's so large, but rather because I sometimes wear little small clothes. That fit little small kiddos. Don't judge my upper torso for being equivalent to a 7 year old with boobs.). The bulk of my discards are being given to my cleaning lady to send to her family in Jamaica. See? Even Ditzes can be good-hearted. Nice to know that my old Space FB tops & assorted pieces are being put to good use!

Purse purge wasn't as successful. I got rid of maybe 5 bags total. 1 was claimed by my sister. 1 was added to the Jamaica pile. 1 was given to a friendly plaything. I have 2 left: a silver flat clutch from Old Navy that has an attached bangle-handle, and a pink Parcel tote bag. Interested? Inquire within.

My closet purge/cleaning went really well. I rediscovered a FANTASTIC wardrobe stable that I FORGOT I OWNED. A black trench coat. So what if it's from The Gap? Still looks good! It's from that SJP campaign years ago following SATC's final season. I also made such intense use of kitschy organizing hangers. All my accessories have friendly living quarters now. Placing and replacing is going to be the bane of my existence.

I know that I have MORE things to document, i.e. my entire weekend - BAS MISVAH INCLUDED - and the Bas Misvah aftermath. That's going to be the next post. I promise it'll be up soon. Like within an hour or so.

Come back soon & stay stylish!
xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your friendly kitten reader is just so happy you put up a new post...you add sunshine in her day

Bri said...

Ahhh! Finally, after consuming myself in hockey hockey hockey (Habs, non-Habs, East coast, West Coast), I am in much need of some girlie reading :)
Thank you miss Ditz for the post, and I will check back later for more.