Friday, July 11, 2008

An Open Letter (ANOTHER ONE?) To Winners

Dear Winners,

Let's talk. You know I am your biggest fan ever. You KNOW I have a problem with this new RUNWAY section you put in. You KNOW I can't walk out of your stores without at least 1 pair of Betsey Johnson shoes and/or J Brands [yes. I find J Brands at Winners.]. I EVEN know which Winnerses (it's now a double plural word. Deal with it) are good and which are bad. Listen to me, and you listen to me clearly.

I have some problems with your stores.

In no particular order:

  • NO ACCESSORIES IN THE FITTING ROOM. What is UP with THAT? I can't see how that top will look in real life if I can't bring a belt inside. I can't see how long the jeans are without a pair of shoes. NOT NICE. What do you think I'm going to do? STEAL A $4.99 BELT? COME ON.
  • Anti-theft tags - those HUGE plastic ones - in the most INOPPORTUNE places, i.e. waistbands on jeans/pants, digging into the back of a dress. WOULD IT KILL YOU TO PUT THEM SOMEWHERE NON-OBSTRUCTIVE?
  • Incoherent clearance price stickers. Self-explanatory.
  • Dressing room clerks who are OBNOXIOUS and scream at you if you don't rehang up your discards. Sorry to sound like a brat, BUT IT IS YOUR JOB LADIES. SUCK IT UP.
  • 6-item dressing room limits. 6?! WHAT IF I WANT TO TRY 4 SIZES OF ONE THING? I GET SCREWED. Again, I'm NOT shoplifting. I just like trying EVERYTHING on.
  • Not enough J Brands. In my size.

I'm not going to complain about how MESSY the stores are. That's part of your charm, and I am very well aware. These problems really just SADDEN ME and put a DAMPER on my shopping experience.

Fix this. Really. Or else I'll stop buying Betsey Johnson shoes.
No I won't. Yet ANOTHER empty threat.

Your pal,

Miss Ditz

No comments: