Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Letters To Mark: ANOTHER Series

Dear Marky,

When was the last time I wrote a letter? April? It's been a while. Remember me? I didn't like Facebook Chat. I also wanted you to add me as a friend- WHICH YOU STILL WON'T. Whatever. I'm over those things. FOR NOW.

Marky, I have a new problem with Facebook. Let me start by saying this one thing: I was INFINITELY happy when you fixed the status thing, so that IS wasn't a requirement. KUDOS. That was LONG OVERDUE. Here's my beef, Marky. Cool that IS is optional. Cool. WHY DO PEOPLE STILL MAKE THEIR STATUSES AROUND THE IS??? "Marlene is loving the summer heat." NO MARLENE. JUST GET RID OF THE IS. CAN'T YOUR STATUS JUST BE "Marlene loves the summer heat"?

Marky, write a Facebook blog entry about optional IS. Just do it. This misuse of verb conjugation really grinds my gears, and ALMOST makes me want to deactivate my account.

No, it doesn't actually. That was an empty threat. I'll never deactivate.

Wishing you all the best,
Your soon-to-be best pal,

Miss Ditz

No comments: