Sunday, October 5, 2008

You're Going To Laugh...

I know I always talk shopping and shoes and things that are pretty. I know I also talk a lot about how much of a Ditz I am. I know you all LIKELY think that there's not much that goes on inside my head beyond Betsey Johnson, Coach, shoes, poutine, sparkly shiny objects and candy. THAT IS NOT THE CASE, MY PETS.

Sometimes, actually ALWAYS, I like to check out the hilarious headliners on the MSN homepage. I refuse to change my browser homepage to anything else, because I feel like it connects me to the world and/or current events.

http://tech.msn.com/products/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=10762232

Chill kittens. It's a slide show with minimal blurb writing article. You won't need to focus THAT MUCH.

I came across this article, partly because I was swayed by the title, and partly because I always read articles that have a picture of the Nintendo Wii on the front page. I'm a 15 year old boy sometimes.

The reason I draw your attention to this little gem is not what you're expecting. I'm not pushing you to run out and spend a fortune on the underrated products. Quite the opposite, actually...

A week or so ago, I discovered Google Documents, Google Calendar. A few months ago, I "bought" an iPod Touch. I drool when I see a Nintendo Wii [I'm currently thinking of elaborate ploys to permanently "borrow" my Prince Delish's Wii]. I secretly wish I wasn't so oddly cheap and used iTunes.

Why is this relevant?

I was going to post a blog endlessly and shamelessly promoting Google functions. I was going to talk about how Google Calendar is potentially the greatest thing to enter my life since Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs. I probably would have mentioned how Google Calendar has replaced my STUPID french agenda, because Google Calendar is ENGLISH [or any language you ask for, except Pirate English - anyone notice that on Facebook? ARRRRRR].

Check out the article. All the fun things that I love in the techworld ARE OVERRATED. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. From the Wii to iPhone, iPod Touch to iTunes. EVEN GOOGLE FUNCTIONS ARE THERE.

TYPICAL. I WOULD LIKE THINGS THAT ARE OVERRATED.

You know what else is overrated? Facebook.

Know what wasn't listed as overrated? My Blog.

No comments: