Friday, October 24, 2008

Something That Makes Me LOL

I really do NOT love the Pussycat Dolls. I loved the original burlesque show concept. The band? NO.

They have this ONE song that really GRINDS MY GEARS. You know which one? "When I grow up, I wanna have [INSERT HERE]"

I argued endlessly with my male pets. "GUYS
. IT'S GROUPIES, NOT BOOBIES."


And they'd say, "DITZ, IT'S ABOUT BOOBIES. THEY'RE THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS."

And Ditz'd GRUNT and ignore them.

Momma Ditz & I read People Magazine like it would be the Bible. I saw this bit weeks ago, but consistently forgot to mention it. One week, they wrote about the song, and about how the Pussycat Dolls wanted BOOBIES when they grew up. I snorted when I saw that. Great. So the lyrics are really BOOBIES. PEOPLE MAGAZINE DOESN'T LIE.

Or do they...

The following week, because I am a SUPER NERD, I was scanning their corrections box. I love when magazines screw up. Turns out, THEY SCREWED UP THE LYRICS.

IT'S GROUPIES.

DITZ: 1, MALE PETS: 0.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I don't care what anyone says...it will always be boobies to me and When I Grow Up is a sweet pre-drink jam.

Jackie said...

IT PROBABLY ORIGINALLY WAS BOOBIES, but the PCD feel like they're "role models".
unlike, say, SLUTTY CYRUS.

7 things i hate about you is a far superior drinking jam. so is SEE YOU AGAIN.