Friday, May 16, 2008

Things of Note OR Neglectful Ditz Returns to Life

I feel like I need to explain myself and the lack of general entries lately. I just got a job. Like a real one, not cleaning out my closet for twoonies from my mother. And because I am gainfully employed (temporarily, but whatever), I don’t have my days free to shop around and be the usual princess that I normally am. I also happen to have a pile of fun personal drama that I am not at liberty to discuss for obvious reasons. I like to keep some things secret! I know I am a neglectful pet, and I worry that I’ve lost lovely kitten readers. I hope you can all forgive me.

ON AN UPSIDE, I did do some major credit card damage yesterday. Let’s talk.

Matt & Nat sample sale was seriously unimpressive. I’ve gone 2 years in a row, and loved it. Because I know my prices and I’m a shopper extraordinaire, I noticed they raised their prices again. $80 for a last season purse? Give me a break. That’s not acceptable for a sample sale. 2 years ago, the most expensive bag was MAYBE $50. I shockingly only picked up one bag (autoban small hobo in bone) for my mother. NOT EVEN FOR MYSELF. My plaything picked up 194 bags and accessories. Okay, more like 4-5 items. I really wasn’t overly impressed. Is this sale worth it? Debatable. Know what IS worth it? Going to Winners and finding Matt & Nat bags. They’re cheaper there, and it’s the exact same crap at the sale.

Because I felt sad that I didn’t make a dent at Matt & Nat, I dragged plaything to my favorite location, the BCBG outlet on De Louvain. I tried on the entire store. No joke. I know I’ve talked about this store before, but I really can’t get over how wonderful their staff are. They’re honest and really don’t push that much. I love BCBG’s hiring standards. EXCEPT FOR THE LAVAL STORE. Anyway, I picked up a glorious little summer dress, which makes me look like an adult Alice in Wonderland, and a fun printed full skirt. I seriously could have purchased the entire store. They love me and my plastic cards!

I then STILL didn’t feel that I’d purchased enough, nor had plaything, so naturally, we visited the Winners on l’Acadie. That one is seriously the biggest goldmine in this city. Sometimes, it’s even better than Alexis Nihon. SOMETIMES. LIKE YESTERDAY! I feel like if I share all the finds I found, that store will be ransacked like there’s no tomorrow. THANKFULLY, I feel sharing and caring. Aren’t you all lucky I’m in the BEST MOOD EVER these days? Seriously. Best mood ever. In order of importance, here’s a listing of the fabulous items that were found:

  • Not one, but TWO Coach purses. One was a mini signature bucket style bag, and the other was a standard signature pouch (same size/shape as the LV pochettes that everyone has). Both in camel/tan leather/canvas. Bucket bag was priced at $170, and the pouch was at $70. I did not buy either, because I own enough Coach accessories, and I wasn’t crazy about the shapes.
  • A Michael Kors signature canvas with leather wristlet, ON CLEARANCE for $58 (or something like that). I snatched it quickly from the clearance rack. I have a horseshoe up my ass. I also did NOT buy it (do you KNOW how many wristlets I own?) but I DID pass it onto plaything who DID buy it. She will likely let me borrow it. LIKELY.
  • 1 rack of wide-leg JBrands. $99 apiece. Good luck getting into them. They have amazing sizes: 24, 25 and 29. AGAIN. I tried cramming my ass into the 25s. DIDN’T EVEN ZIP UP. They’re also a weird cut, and wide in the wrong places. That’s likely why they’re at Winners.
  • RACKS of Ella Moss, Splendid and Juicy. I ALMOST bought a delicious empire Ella top, but I actually felt that $99 was too much to spend. Shocking, I know.
  • In the shoe department, BETSEY JOHNSON SHOES GALORE. I bought one pair, mostly normal looking, but I fell in love with two other pairs. Seriously, Betsey Johnson shoes are the downfall of my existence. This week. I actually wore the pair I posted this past week. I got such rave reviews. They only hurt my feet A LITTLE BIT.
  • LOTS of Laundry by Design pieces. Dresses, tops. A lot of fun stuff. Still pricey, but I never like to skimp on “quality”.

For a change, I managed to leave Winners without making a HUGE dent. Only one pair of shoes. I find that semi-impressive for me. I think my next calling is to order piles of fun cosmetics from Sephora. SO WHAT IF IT’S OPENING HERE IN 2 MONTHS? I CAN’T WAIT THAT LONG!

Anyways lovepets,I have a very special kitten’s bachelorette party ce soir, in addition to a very special princess’ birthday party. I am almost certain I will have what to say about that tomorrow!
Stay stylish!
xoxo

No comments: