Friday, May 16, 2008

AND BY THE WAY

I feel that I need a specific post just to discuss the Betsey Johnson shoes I came into contact with yesterday afternoon. I admittedly have this sick obsession with Betsey Johnson shoes. She really can do no wrong in my eyes. Everything is kitschy, fun, colorful. It's only recently that I mustered up the courage to actually buy her designs. I never really felt that I could pull her stuff off. OBVIOUSLY I CAN. I think I'm going to toss out all my Aldo shoes, and replace them with FUN BETSEY PAIRS!

Okay, so, let's talk about the 3 pairs of shoes I fell in love with. Starting, of course, with the ones I did NOT buy. Just a precursor: all Betsey shoes at Winners are priced at $79.99. I only think this is a good deal because I ALWAYS refer when I get home to Zappos prices.

Pair #1: Charline. I absolutely adored this pair. The only problem was really that they were too big, and weren't secure. Obviously they had only one pair. Obviously not really my size. It's a legitimate shame though, because these are a fantastic evening shoe replacement for my tired Steven by Steve Madden Manolo d'Orsay knockoffs. I think I might go searching for these. The slingback gives a really nice leg!




Pair #2: Clover. Now I know what you're all thinking. I have the most loony taste ever. Some of you may even say I need my eyes checked. BUT COME ON. LOOK AT THESE. ARE THEY NOT HYSTERICAL?! And yes. IN HOT PINK. They're conversation shoes. The reason these did NOT come home with me is because the fabric at the vamp really cut into my feet. Sometimes, I am reasonable and can sense bad things, i.e. potential for pain. They're really just extra kitschy. I love a good ankle strap!




Pair #3: Sandrah. These are the ones that came home with me. I think it's fairly obvious why. They're totally classic glamour, with a kitschy edge (naturally). What really sold me on these was the fabric. The picture doesn't do them justice, but the fabric is a beautiful golden brocade. I also always love a good jeweled brooch on the vamp. ALWAYS. I have a really big weak spot for gold shoes. The other amazing thing about these shoes is that Betsey, that GEM THAT SHE IS, put extra cushioning at the ball of the feet, FOR COMFORT. Granted that these are a 4 inch heel, I think cushioning is the least she could do. I have to say, for a mid-range designer, Betsey's shoes really just are top notch. Amazing fabrics, comfort level is HIGH (seriously, even my 5 inch platforms are a breeze to wear) and the attention to detail is killer.

I think I did good. There's a really high chance that by the end of the month, I'll own all 3 pairs. We'll see.

No comments: