Sunday, May 25, 2008

Shameless

I seriously have a problem. It's called selfpromotionitis. It occurs when I run into people I haven't seen in ages, and FORCE THEM to visit this humble page. LIKE I ACTUALLY CARE THAT I PROMOTE TOO MUCH? I just like getting new kittens reading!

Anyone feel like advertising?

Half jokes aside, I went to the ICRF event last night and shamelessly promoted my blog to perhaps 198,374 people. No. More like 5+. Realistically! What a fun kitten play night! This weekend has just been absolutely glorious. I think I was supposed to study or something for my midterm on Wednesday. That's happening. I actually SHOULD be getting ready for a friend's wedding tonight, but instead, I am RESEARCHING business cards. I think it's time. I think I need one.

Fine. I just want an excuse to buy a fancy business card holder. FINE.

Topics of note, in no particular order:
  • New hair = fabulous in a bottle.
  • I did NOT get a swag bag after the party. I forgot to pick it up. I'm stupid like that sometimes.
  • I have a trio of new stuffed friends who've invaded my elephant plantation. Clearly I'm not a normal girl who likes bears & dogs. I was gifted a giraffe, a dragon and a polar bear. I love snugglefriends.
  • Leopard print dress is FINALLY making its debut ce soir. Purchased a year ago at Winners, (ABS, $60) and was "not allowed" to wear it by a certain person's rules. REVENGE. LEOPARD DRESS COMES OUT TO PLAY!
  • Heard in Nick's: it's now sale time at Holts, Browns, Abe & Mary's, BCBG, Club Monaco, and EVERY OTHER STORE IN THE WORLD. I hate when shopping time gets too intense.
  • Missed the Mimi & Coco sale. I'm slightly bitter about that.
  • Laugh at me moment: I bid on a silent auction item last night. When I left, I was the first and ONLY bid. At $350, I bid on what I THINK is $500 in gift cards to American Apparel AND Le Chateau. I most certainly should NOT HAVE DONE THAT. I secretly hope I win. I can spend $500 at AA in less than 20 minutes. Easily.
  • I turned a normal dress into an off-the-shoulder dress. Only after the alcohol level in my blood was 6 times over the limit.
  • I met a CELEBRITY. I charmed Jennifer Campbell, of The Gazette's Social Notes column. HOPEFULLY I charmed her enough to get a mention in next week's Social Notes. HOPEFULLY.

Seriously, I should have napped this afternoon. Open bar & Ditz are NOT GOING TO BE BEST FRIENDS.

Ugh. I hate life. And by hate, I OBVIOUSLY mean love.

Stay stylish friendly kittens!
xoxo

No comments: