Thursday, August 21, 2008

Another Driving Incident

This time, no romance. Well, it COULD be a romantic story. I'm choosing to NOT glamorize it that way.

This time.

Today, on my lovely morning drive to work, I was doing two "AS USUAL" things:
  1. Putting on make-up at every red light.
  2. Singing at the top of my lungs (current mix: "Songs That Have NO RELATION To Each Other/Songs I Love - This Week") (and yes, that's the ACTUAL title of my mix).

Before I continue, I might add that there is a #3 to that list, that unfortunately was not included today: eating something fattening from Tim Horton's.

Now that I've set the stage, we'll play a round of Normally. Normally, I belt out normal tunes appropriate for morning drives. Normally, I do everything at the same time and am not the least bit disrupted. Normally, my drives to work are uneventful. Normally, I sing without wearing my STUPID bluetooth earpiece, because, yes, I WANT you to know I'm singing BY MYSELF in my car. I don't need the earpiece excuse. I am comfortable enough with my own OFF-KEY SINGING.

Today, however, I opted to put on my mascara at a red light (this is not unusual, have you EVER been in a car with me?) while singing along to a specific song. I was really REALLY belting that crap out. Singing, dancing, the WHOLE 9 yards.

I got honked at. Not because the light had turned green, but because the two gnarly men in the truck next to me were DANCING ALONG TOO.

I am shameless, and was not the slightest bit embarrassed. I flashed those losers my million-dollar smile, batted my freshly-mascaraed eyelashes and waved. Come on, what else was the little Ditz supposed to do?

Now, I know you're all wondering what song I was singing so PASSIONATELY. Wait for it. Dolly Parton's cover of Drive Me Crazy. Yes. I am a country bumpkin. AND I LOVE IT.

No comments: