Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ditz = Shopping Maniac

I should've never paid off my Visa bill. I should have NEVER let myself have a ZERO BALANCE on my Visa. I AM OUT OF CONTROL. In a completely functional way. Let me clarify: I am NOT in debt, I have a steady income, I don't overspend THAT MUCH. I would just rather have new shoes than go out for dinner.

So, in no particular order of importance, I give you my latest excursions.

Winners Alexis Nihon: my second home. I was meeting Top Kitten there, and arrived a solid 20 minutes before her, TO SCOUT. I am seriously ultimate friend. Because I know her size, I filled up a cart FULL of stuff for not only me, but her too. I am so nice. One hour, one dressing room excursion ("You can't bring a belt in here." "BUT I NEED TO SEE HOW IT LOOKS ACCESSORIZED. YOU CAN'T DENY ME ACCESSORIES.") and 6 pairs of POTENTIAL shoe purchases later, I ended up with ONE pair of shoes. Only. And this is coming from the girl who had 4-5 pairs of Betseys and a delicious pair of Kate Spades in her basket. Truth, the ONE pair I got was a pair that I'd been dreaming of for ages. I found those delicious Betsey Charline heels in HOT PINK. Like there was even the SLIGHTEST chance I was going to leave without them. COME ON.

Now, what you all were REALLY waiting for. Ditz visits Sephora, racks up a bill over $100. Shocker.

Let me start by saying I have a sick illness when it comes to Sephora. Since I first discovered its GLORY, I have been an absolute addict. It's not healthy. I won't buy cosmetics at drugstores or Wal-Mart anymore. Barely even nail polish. I used to be the kind of gal who could go into Pharmaprix on any day and come out with new cosmetics. SORRY. I AM WAYYY TOO GOOD FOR THAT NOW. I'm even debating giving up my love for MAC. That's still up in the air. ANYWAY, I went to the Fairview location (what, you thought I went to St Bruno?? NOT IN THIS LIFETIME), with a plaything, and she had to LEAVE ME THERE to finish her errands because I was taking so long. I will take this opportunity to say that I LOVE Sephora staff. They're not trying to push products on you. They just want you to be happy!


I walked in there with the intention of buying nothing. Okay, maybe 1 lipstick. I left with a bronzing moisturizer (Too Face, best marketing since Benefit), a new eyeliner (navy blue - Makeup For Ever), 2 new eye shadows (dark blue & champagney gold - Sephora label) and a new lipstick (coral-nude - Nars). I have a problem. I would seriously stop buying shoes if it meant that I could just buy tons of Sephora goodies. I love high end cosmetics. Almost as much as I love high end shoes, high end purses and high end cashmere. The real perk out of this- other than my giant bag of cosmetics- was that because I'm OBVIOUSLY a member of the Sephora Beauty Insider program (it's FREE for fuck's sake, just join), I got PRESENTS. A sample of Benetint (I already own it, in pocket-pal format, clearly) and a sample size of their triple action mascara (also already own it, see post about SATC movie). WHATEVER. THEY ARE USEFUL IN PURSE SIZE FORMATS!

Sephora owns my soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i too am a sephora beauty insider. because i too revel in it's glory. it just feels so.. right