Tuesday, December 23, 2008

PRESENTS IN THE MAIL = FUN

Once I'm here and killing time...

I mentioned in an earlier post http://theanecditz.blogspot.com/2008/11/who-loves-free-products-me-thats-who.html that I was going to be getting some MASCARA SAMPLES. I half-lied. They DID send me samples, BUT not enough to pass around. 2 weeks ago, I got a DELICIOUS package in the mail.
To refresh your precious kitten memory, Matchstick in Torono uses me [and my blog] for word-of-mouth marketing. This current campaign is for a new Double-Extend mascara, and I got a FUN package in exchange for free promotion.

Inside the box, as you can see, was a giant L'Oreal cosmetic bag, a set of mini brushes, a liquid liner, a palette of eye shadows, two (2) mascaras and some informational pages.

Chill - I gave Momma Ditz the extra mascara.

I'm actually a huge fan of Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara. I got it in a gift-set from Prince and it's been hard to wean myself off of it and try something new. I've used L'Oreal's OTHER double-ended mascara - i.e. the one where you put on white goop first and then a coat of the black - and I didn't LOVE IT. The original one was WAY too clumpy.

This new one - hitting the Canadian market this month - is FANTASTIC. It's the same concept as the other Double Extend, but this one - DOUBLE EXTENSION BEAUTY TUBES - gives long soft curled lashes.

I'm fairly certain it's priced between $12 - $14, which is reasonable in the mid-range mascara realm.

I know I don't push products THAT OFTEN, but really, if you're in the market for a fresh mascara and don't want to venture out to Sephora or a department store, this one is really worth its weight in feathers.

I give it 6 enthusiastic Ditz Gold Stars. Go and get your Double Extension Beauty Tube! Ditz says so!

No comments: