Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Live: Pearson Airport, Gate 151

Things That Suck, Episode 12: "Boo Life"
  1. Non-direct flights
  2. Flights that leave at 7 a.m. and that require 5 a.m. airport arrivals
  3. Flights that get delayed - TWICE
  4. Being stuck in Toronto's Pearson airport. SINCE 8:30 A.M.
  5. Creepy old ladies talking about how hard it is to nap in an airport and then napping RIGHT BEHIND YOU
  6. Not finding anything fun at the Duty Free
So, here I am. Stuck in the airport. My connecting flight down South was SUPPOSED to leave at 12:50 p.m. which was TERRIBLE ENOUGH as is, but has now been delayed to 1:20 p.m. Internet, in these fine establishments, IS NOT FREE. I had to PAY.


I took advantage of my Montreal-Toronto flight and took an hour and eighteen minute nap. I can't even take a little one here, because all the seats HAVE ARM RESTS.

A plane is attached to our gate. My brother just reminded me to NOT GET EXCITED, because it's NOT OURS. OBVIOUSLY NOT.

On a BIZARRE upside, my going through security was mostly uneventful. The Canadian one was a breeze. The guys working FULLY saw that I had a bunch of large bottles AND aerosols inside my carry-on, and DID NOT SAY ANYTHING. However, moving from Toronto to the U.S., they CONFISCATED MY AUSSIE SPRUNCH SPRAY (and Brother's hair goop). The security guy kept SNOOPING and POKING through my bag. NOT GOING TO FIND ANYTHING ELSE GOOD IN THERE, BIG SHOT. JUST SOME LADY-THINGS AND 12 LIP GLOSSES.

I understand tight security and I understand that air-travel is sticky, BUT COME ON. WHAT HARM IS MY SPRUNCH SPRAY DOING BY SITTING IN MY BAG?! Get real!

I'm debating painting my toenails.

I'm also debating hijacking a plane. No, not really.

Places I Would Rather Be:

  1. Sleeping
  2. Napping
  3. Playing Guitar Hero: WORLD TOUR with Prince
  4. Anywhere with Prince
  5. ON A PLANE TO FLORIDA
  6. IN FLORIDA
  7. Sleeping

That's me. Hating life, airports and wishing it was snacktime. You can SORT OF see the burnage on my nose and face. You can also see the BRIGHT CHEERY colors of my LuLu Lemon fancy jacket/top combo. Prince said I looked like a grandmother. No, he didn't say that. He DID say that I looked a little TOO Florida. He's right. I am one colorful little peacock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really shoudn't be flying in these trying times if you have an attitude like yours. I have flown in and out of many airports in The states, Canada and Europe, and this is one of the best. You knew in advance what you were allowed to carry on the airplane. Don't complain so musc.

Jackie said...

considering your nickname is "laid-back-guy", you're anything but!

have you ever heard of sarcasm and being over-tired and grumpy? flying is a priviledge - and i am very well aware of which lipsticks and deodorants i'm allowed to carry... sometimes i just like living on the edge!

take a chill pill and keep your nasty comments to yourself!