Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring ClosetS Cleaning, a Timeline

My ex used to marvel at how often I clean my closets. He'd call me up on any given day that I wasn't working or in class, and without a doubt, I'd tell him I was cleaning out my closet. No, "cleaning my closets" is NOT my "I'm washing my hair/I have a hangnail/I'm watching paint dry" excuse. What he didn't seem to understand, is what really happens when I decide to clean out my closets. Miss Ditz gets sidetracked VERY EASILY. I've been talking about doing my closets again for a few weeks now. TODAY IS THE DAY.

Here is some background information for those of you who do not know of my closets. Yes. Plural. ClosetS. I used to have ONE small closet, that was CONSTANTLY overflowing, doors never shut, along with ONE large dresser that held like 4 shirts. After years of my parental units antagonizing me, brilliant matriarch came up with the solution to end all problems: LET'S JUST BUILD HER TWO LARGE CLOSETS. Essentially, we brought forward one of the walls to create closet space. So, now, I have two closets to house my exponentially-expanding wardrobe. It's a mess on a good day.

And so we begin...
12:01 p.m: Turn on closet lights, open doors and grumble. Realize the PERFECT MUSIC IS NEEDED. Check email 15 times. Check facebook. Check the mail. Wander aimlessly. Decide that a clean room is essential to closet cleaning/purging. Do nothing of value.

12:09 p.m: Try on new shoes. Announce to nobody in particular how delicious they are. Rock out to Miley Cyrus.

12:13 p.m: After hanging up 4 lurking coats, decide it's time for lunch. Take much needed break for a nosh and What Not To Wear.

1:13 p.m: Read important literature (People magazine). Check email & facebook. Glance briefly at closets.

1:20 p.m: Unwillingly drag self to closets. Decide to start on accessories because it's "easy".

1:33 p.m: Find shoeboxes full of FUN THINGS. Take a break to discuss findings with whoever will listen.

1:45 p.m: Find old halloween costumes & old camp paraphernalia. Reminisce more.

2:49 p.m: Progress made: shoes organized. Pile featuring said costumes, shoebox of stuff, winter gear is becoming a community.

3:08 p.m: Closet officially abandonned.

So what's the moral of the story here? I am a MASTER PROCRASTINATOR, even/especially when it comes to my beloved closets. If I can at least manage to put all my purses back in their handy-dandy shelving unit, I'll consider today a SLIGHT success.

Up next: a listing of my own purses/accessories that I have deemed OUT OF STYLE. I will be giving those away at a first-come, first-serve basis. Believe me, precious kittens, you'll want in!

Stay stylish my pets!
xoxo

No comments: