Thursday, March 27, 2008

SOON TO BE PUBLISHED/Ditz is a "Writer"

A very good pal of mine is an editor for a SYNAGOGUE BULLETIN. I was asked to write a style/fashion article. Because I am a big baby and want everyone to read parts BEFORE it's published, here is an exerpt.

So without further ado...

Is everyone aware of the upcoming FABULOUSNESS COMING TO MONTREAL, in the name of Pierre Hardy for the Gap? Kittens, I don’t know about you, but I gave my phone number and name to the young man at the Gap to let me know when the Pierre Hardy shoes are making their appearance on St. Catherine. Rumour has it they were supposed to arrive by the end of March, but got holed up at the border. Seriously? Someone please tell me what the BORDER needs with thousands of pairs of shoes IN ASSORTED SIZES. According to my sources (1 salesman at the Gap on St. Catherine, and I’d trust him with my life), this collection of designer shoes sold out in Europe in fifteen (15) minutes. Not a shocker, considering how stylish our European neighbours are! If you take a trip in the way-back machine (my parents would be so proud that I’ve used the phrase twice in a span of 500 words), to when the Roberto Cavalli for H&M collection came to Rockland Shopping Center, THAT collection sold out in under 10 minutes. I didn’t make it there quick enough to even see a single advertisement in the store. This brings me to my latest love affair: high-end designers making low-end lines for international chains. As a self-proclaimed label-whore and shopaholic, I won’t deny the fact that I have checked out almost every high-end going low-end line possible. Can Montreal get a Target soon? That being said, 2008 marks the continuation of the latest fashion trend to hit the pavement: affordable high end clothing. Design houses finally figured it out. Fashion is best when it is accessible to every person on the wide spectrum of life. Everyone likes to feel trendy and stylish. For the next while, I’ll be sitting next to my phone until that guy from the Gap calls me. Nothing is going to come between me and my Pierre Hardys.


Believe it or not, it's all the truth. FYI: Gap is becoming SO fashion-forward. Be sure to check out all the amazing designer lines coming soon. Doo-Ri, Thakoon, Rodarte were last year's. 2008 brings 3.1 Phillip Lim, Band of Outsiders, Michael Bastian, Philip Crangi and threeASFOUR. Goodbye bank account! Can we just take a moment to discuss how I - of all people - have suddenly become a fashion "expert"? LOOKS LIKE Y'ALL WON'T BE MAKIN' FUN OF MY NECKERCHIEFS NO MORE. Sometimes, I wish I was a cowgirl. From Louisiana. With a subscription to Vogue, Bazaar, Elle, WWD and Vanity Fair. And every single trashy tabloid, especially the ones with glossy pages. I love glossy pages!

Anyways, my pets, stay stylish! xoxo

No comments: