Friday, January 15, 2010

2010 - New Year/I'm Back?

So it's not exactly NEWS anymore that we've hit a new decade. WHOOPIE-DOO. Even though it's been two weeks since New Year's, I've been itching and trying to formulate a great 'Welcome Back to Blogging, Anecditz' post.

That's right. I'm back.

With 2009 over, and a new decade on the loose, I decided that I'd had enough of my own time-wasting. 2010, for me, is all about finishing what I've started, and taking on new challenges. I turned 26 at the end of 2009, and I looked around and realized that time isn't slowing down, and I've watched countless friends pass me by in their "success".

2009 wasn't a waste for me, don't get me wrong. I met my soul mate in 2008, and we cultivated our love in 2009. Now, in 2010, we anxiously await our next steps together. I finished my Certificate in Public Relations in 2009, making me "capable" of practicing PR. That's the first post-CEGEP academic accomplishment I can claim, and I am darn proud. 2009 marked my return to my undergrad. 2010 will mark my triumphant program switch, from Mathematics & Statistics (really? Yes.) to Journalism. Still debating between Broadcast and Print.

I paid a pretty penny in 2009 for the building and domain purchase of my other blog, Craft with Jackie, and I disappointed both myself AND readers by not posting aggressively or at all. I think I wrote 10 posts. (Okay, I checked - 21 posts. Still not impressive AT ALL.)

And so, for my own sanity's sake, my New Year's resolution/personal goal is to finish what I've started.

Things I need to finish/continue, in no particular order:

  • Blogs. Both of them.
  • Keeping my closets clean. Both of them.
  • Bachelor's Degree. Any discipline other than Math that drives my soul. That means Journalism. Or Culinary school. Or Clown College.
  • Being lazy and not taking care of my body. That means Wii Fit. Yoga. Treadmill. Whatever.
  • My love for the kitchen. Baking.
  • Get a job in my field. PR. Writing. Anything!

2010 marks a new beginning. Instead of this blog chronicling my bad-ass shopping addiction - that I am SLOWLY working on curbing - it'll follow my changes. Getting in shape. Finishing school. Feeding my Love baked treats.

Okay, and yes. Shopping.

No comments: